3M™ Dyneon™ Fluoroplastic PFA (a polymer containing tetrafluoroethylene and perfluorovinylether) is used in moulded valves, pumps, tanks, filters and pipes, in heat trace cables and in wire for appliances, computers and in the aerospace industry. It is also used in several chemical industries and home appliance coatings applications. Furthermore, we have expanded this product line to include PFA compounds and PFA ultra high purity (UHP) grades for applications requiring low metal and anion extractables and low outgassing. In particular, the semiconductor market has chosen PFA as the material of choice for wafer carriers, tubings, fittings, pump parts and other components. In addition to the semiconductor industry, other industries that will benefit from these materials include the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Virgin 3M™ Dyneon™ Fluoroplastic PFA grades are characterized by the following features:
● Wide service temperature range
● Excellent, almost universal resistance to solvents and chemicals
● Extremely high weathering resistance and UV stability
● Excellent electrical properties
● High limiting oxygen index: does not support combustion